Account Executive - Complete
Current as of: October 3rd, 2017
Id : 62746
Category : Sales and Marketing
Location/City : AB – Edmonton
Region : Edmonton Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Cara Campbell
Our client is looking to add a professional and client-focused Account Manager to their thriving sales team. If you are someone who has a passion for managing government and municipal client relationships as well as uncovering new business opportunities, this may be your ideal next move!
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
Your primary objective is to manage and retain the current client portfolio and focus on up-selling and cross-selling the organization’s other products and services. You would also be required to:
- Work with the sales team within each service to identify areas of growth, prospective opportunities, and sales strategies, including assisting with the annual strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Relationship management and account retention with new and existing clients.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) and Requests for Information (RFI), product and service inquiries/proposals.
- Deliver formal and informal presentations to various groups and represent your available services at events/tradeshows/conferences.
- Manage costs to acquire and achieve sales targets efficiently.
- Draft external and internal communications including briefing notes and Request for Decisions (RFDs).
- Develop and manage a reporting system to ensure the executive team is current with the status of your sales and clients.
- 20% is travel throughout Alberta; appointments typically are scheduled well in advanced.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of proven account management experience required, preferably from a non-profit association or municipal sector.
- Experience selling general insurance, employee benefits, utility services, pensions, or risk management is required.
- Currently holds any of the following licenses (or is willing to attain it within 6 months of hire): Life License Qualification Program (LLQP), Life Insurance License and A&S License or General Insurance License.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with elected officials, municipal government employees and c-suite executives.
- Demonstrated success in maintaining current client relationships while simultaneously ensuring account information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Public speaking experience to large and small crowds.
- Excellent consultative selling skills and a demonstrated track record of client relationship management.
Compensation and Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package and a competitive salary will be offered to the chosen candidate.
Please quote Job Reference #62746If you are looking for a new opportunity in a dynamic atmosphere, one that provides real challenges and rewards to match, please apply in confidence today.
Please submit your resume to Cara Campbell at email@example.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca