Civil Business Development Manager - Complete
Current as of: October 20th, 2017
Id : 62850
Category : Sales and Marketing
Location/City : AB – Edmonton
Region : Edmonton Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Cara Campbell
Are you a driven field sales professional with a proven track record of developing territories and managing a book of business? If you have a great understanding in construction sales, submitting bids, civil engineering and have strong work ethic with high values and morals this could be your new career opportunity!
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Be a leader in fostering a safety culture.
- Plan, schedule, set objectives and control activities associated with developing and maintaining client relationships, including developing, implementing and monitoring detailed account sales plans.
- Provide support to the Estimating department and staff.
- Strive to achieve client satisfaction, corporate satisfaction and employee satisfaction
- Identify new project opportunities.
- Secure contracts by preparing, presenting and following up on proposals.
- Prepare monthly Business Development Report for the Civil business unit and assist in developing an annual market plan.
- Provide direction and content for development of civil marketing materials.
- Manage the sales funnel activities from first contact with the customer to contract execution.
- Establish and pursue leads in consultation with Vice President – Civil.
- Lead the development of industry-leading proposals and expressions of interest (EOIs), including content creation, development of win themes and communication of key messages.
- Assist with and participate in post-tender interview process.
- Assist with the development of proposed solutions to clients.
- Coordinate business development efforts within the district off through close collaboration with the Vice President, Business Development, and staff.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- The successful candidate should have an Engineering degree/diploma or Construction Engineering diploma coupled with related experience in a construction environment.
- 10+ years of experience in the industry with multiple years of experience in a Business Development or similar role.
- Detailed knowledge of civil construction, equipment, productivities through development, design and construction phases.
- An above average work ethic.
- Must be a motivated and confident individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills allow you to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of contract formation.
- Access to a relevant industrial construction client network in western Canada.
- Ability to manage competing priorities with thorough planning.
- Strong communication skills, including presenting and writing.
Compensation and Benefits
- A comprehensive salary & benefits package will be provided.
Apply Online Here
Please quote Job Reference #62850
If you are looking for a new opportunity in a dynamic atmosphere, one that provides real challenges and rewards to match, please apply in confidence today. Please submit your resume to Cara Campbell at email@example.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca