Construction Manager – Lions Gate Bridge - Complete
Current as of: August 11th, 2017
Id : 62766
Category : Engineering
Location/City : BC – Vancouver
Region : Vancouver Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Stuart Brazier
Construction Manager – Vancouver
Our client is working on a large scale project in Vancouver British Columbia, Canada. The project will have various areas that will need support during the contraction phase. This is a staff position that will allow for growth and the opportunity to join a winning team.
- Responsible for the overall supervision of construction, industrial, municipal and civil aspects of the project while complying with all the applicable environmental requirements.
- Manage and work closely with developers, project managers, consultant engineers, utility providers and local authorities to ensure the quality of the project, the completion on time and within budget.
- Providing the utmost satisfaction to the client in terms of project being completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned, and ensuring the project work will be executed respecting the quality and security standards.
- Understand best practices of job set-up and management, understand the critical path of decision making.
- Optimize between factors affecting timing, engineering cost, quality and constructability.
- Review weekly job costs and formula project cost projections on bi-weekly basis and approve all subcontractor or material supplier invoices.
- Provide leadership in scheduled progress meetings.
- Participate in safety meetings and training.
- Ensures that the construction work is performed in accordance with the contract documents and to acceptable standards of quality and workmanship including company QC Plan.
- Ensures work is carried out in accordance with company safety policy including OHSA, Provincial and Federal legislation and union agreements.
- Build strong relationships with customers and key vendors earning their respect, while at the same time treating them as customers/partners and protecting the Company’s interests.
- Review Construction Project contract with client.
- Optimize opportunities and exhibit good salesmanship to close out change orders, giving constructive information versus combative.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to build and manage a cohesive and effective team, with understanding of strengths and weaknesses of team members and using strengths of individuals and group to support the weaknesses.
- Delegate and monitor work and provide constructive feedback.
- Able to oversee timely and fair punch list completion, resolve all “routine” change orders, timely delivery through close out submittals, leaving the customer with a positive view of Company.
- Demonstrable strategic, operational and program management capabilities, with the ability to effectively lead large technically oriented teams.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentations). Exemplary leadership skills, including strong team building capabilities.
- Strong experience in civil works; the ideal candidate would have experience in waste water treatment plant and dams.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, or Structural Engineering or Construction Management.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience as a Construction Manager. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite,
- Scheduling Software-MS Project or Primavera. Expert knowledge of and experience in the review and negotiation of technical contracts for large scale heavy civil construction projects, including joint venture (JV) agreements.
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Stuart Brazier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Reference Job # 62766
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here