Current as of: July 18th, 2017
Id : 62960
Category : Engineering
Location/City : BC – Fort St. John
Region : North Eastern, British Columbia
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Stuart Brazier
Our client is working on a large scale project in North Eastern British Columbia, Canada. The project will have various areas that will need support during the contraction phase. This is a staff position that will allow for growth and the opportunity to join a winning team.
The Cost Controller is a key individual to ensuring the project is built in a controlled manner at the lowest possible cost. They will provide value added analysis, controls, and reporting that will produce effective tools for managing the project & key decision making. They will be fully integrated with the construction team and be a key contributor to the success of the project. The position requires a high attention to detail, advanced problem solving, and strong communication abilities. The right candidate will bring a strong work ethic, team first attitude, and a relentless pursuit of improvement to their daily tasks.
- Detailed Productivity Tracking & Analysis.
- Collaboration and integration with Construction team on Cost Control.
- Preparation & analysis of Cost Reporting and Forecasting.
- Progress & Earned Value Measurement.
- Claim for change tracking and pricing.
- Subcontractor/Vendor payment verification.
- Ensure contract adherence to terms and conditions for prime and supplier contracts.
- Equipment utilization, usage, and fuel consumption analysis.
- Cash flow projections.
- Development of policies and procedures.
- Training of field staff to Cost Control protocols.
- Supporting Project Controls Manager, Budget & Cost Control Managers, and other Cost Controllers as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge in Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook
- Exceptional organizational skills Ability to multi-task Proficient in cost, manpower and equipment resource loaded schedule.
- Proficient in gathering, maintaining, reporting and analyzing schedule data.
- Strong time management, written and verbal communication skills Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a background in Civil Construction.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a background in Civil Construction. Engineering, Finance, Accounting, or Business backgrounds will be considered
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Stuart Brazier via email at email@example.com
Please reference Job # 62960
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca