Current as of: September 27th, 2016
Id : 61950
Category : Accounting-Permanent
Location/City : BC – Vancouver
Region : Vancouver Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Stephanie Rodenkirchen
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Stephanie Rodenkirchen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stephanie at 780-732-3892
Our client, a leader in the Construction sector is seeking an experienced Credit Manager to join their leadership team in the Vancouver area.
Our Client in the Lower Mainland is excited about this new addition to their first class Credit Department. They are eager to welcome on-board a new Credit Manager to oversee their team and ensure success across North America. The best suited candidate will be someone who has over 10 years of experience leading a team in the industrial sector.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Ensure A/R and Credit policies, practices and processes remain efficient and effective.
- Measure and track daily/monthly performance
- Supervise and mentor staff, including providing oversight on collection activities
- Maintain strong relationships with Vendors and various internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead, facilitate and participate in various senior level stakeholder meetings and reviews
- Advise and collaborate with both internal and external groups regarding the resolution of specific credit and A/R issues
- Assess credit worthiness of prospective Vendors and recommend/negotiate credit terms
- Review customer balances for marginal/high risk exposure;
- Prepare and analyze customer account reports
- Proactively resolve high level disputes and assist in the maintenance of client relations.
- Monthly and/or periodic preparation of all overdue accounts
- Prepare and maintain financial reporting for Senior Management.
- Monitor aging of all receivables and provide A/R reporting and analysis
- Establish bad debt reserves and minimize debt write offs
- Maintain the department structure and lead staffing to achieve department
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent financial background/diploma, CCP designation
- Minimum 10 plus years current experience in credit with at least 7 years being in a managerial role
- Experience with bank guarantees and letters of credit would be an asset
- Knowledge in credit related laws such as the Provincial construction lien acts and small claims procedures and limits would be an asset
- Proactive decision making skills with good business judgment
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package will be offered for the successful candidate.
Please quote Job Reference # 61950
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Stephanie Rodenkirchen at email@example.com or call Stephanie at 780-732-3892.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca