Enterprise Security Architect - Complete
Current as of: April 13th, 2017
Id : 62178
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Maxine Smith
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Maxine Smith via email at email@example.com
Enterprise Security Architect
We are looking for an Enterprise Security Architect for a client in the Calgary North East. Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Security & Compliance the successful candidate will work with the Enterprise Architecture team and Security & Risk team to provide enterprise level security guidance. The position is accountable to ensure that security is inherent and woven in at the strategic and enterprise level across key services, applications, and solutions that will support exciting new initiatives.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Define security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting security and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues.
- Provide in-depth expertise across security functional areas, which include credential management, access provisioning, authentication and authorization, application security, infrastructure security, data security, security monitoring aligned with Privacy, PCI and SOX compliance and regulatory standards.
- Communicate simple and effective security guidance to working teams, leadership, and executives that are built on principles of balancing security advice with business and IT needs.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of security-related technologies, such as authentication/authorization mechanisms, network access control, encryption, anti-virus software, firewalls, etc; in both operational and project environments.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Business value minded.
- Thinks strategically, but can delve into the details to ensure architecture is sound.
- Experience working at the enterprise level with diverse organizations, teams, practices, and technologies.
- Have strong analytical skills and deep security subject matter expertise across various platforms including non-security focused technologies.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and negotiate risk mitigation options.
- Exercise critical thinking in identifying external trends in information security threats and correlating to internal activity.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess deep cyber security expertise to be credible to the organization when making recommendations and driving change and/or assessment of security controls.
- Provide expert level knowledge of tools and technologies used for enterprise security.
- Proven ability and understanding of the components that comprise a successful information security program.
- Understanding of security controls for enterprise infrastructure, network and services.
- Professional Security Designation. (GISP; GSNA; GSE; CISSP; CSP; SSCP)
- Candidates should possess working knowledge and experience with enterprise architecture models.
- Have experience with multiple service provider services, Telco, SI, OSS/BSS, ISV preferred
- Detailed understanding of security architecture / design best practices, processes, and concepts.
- Experience providing technical leadership at the enterprise level for the design of information technology systems with a core focus on Security.
- Knowledge of system analysis and design techniques for application software, data, operation systems, programming languages and multi-system interfaces
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve complex architectural problems using industry standard principles.
- Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A credit and criminal check will be required
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity.
- Stay current with technology trends in all facets of Information Technology, but with a specific focus on those related to IT & Network Security.
Please quote Job Reference # 62178
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Maxine Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Maxine at 403.542.1616
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca