Current as of: July 19th, 2017
Id : 62887
Category : Engineering
Location/City : BC – Fort St. John
Region : North Eastern, British Columbia
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Stuart Brazier
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Stuart Brazier via email at email@example.com
Our client is working on a large scale project in North Eastern British Columbia, Canada. The project will have various areas that will need support during the contraction phase. This is a staff position that will allow for growth and the opportunity to join a winning team.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the Environment Manager will be accountable to work closely with the project team to ensure compliance with Environmental regulations, health and safety work practices and procedures in regards to completing a successful project.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Provide direction, support and leadership to the project team in all matters relating to environmental regulations, wildlife issues and permitting.
- Supports all management in implementing, monitoring and improving PRHP’s Environmental Program.
- Support senior management in planning and providing overall company direction and focus with a long term outlook.
- Analyze and identify leading and lagging trends to assist in environmental protection and compliance.
- Develop new and revised environmental practices and procedures as required.
- Assist in budget development and overall management of the Environment Department. Provide training support for assigned program areas.
- Participate in and/or provide direction to others conducting environmental considerations, review site needs, including identify and implement corrective actions to ensure compliance and knowledge.
- Compile quarterly and annual reports to update ongoing environmental processes and address current issues.
- Provide recommendations for implementation of corrective actions and suggest program improvements.
- Work with client representatives to resolve identified issues and opportunities.
- Conduct corporate level audits.
- Monitors, coordinates, and implements environmental programs.
- Ensures compliance with all related health and safety compliance activities, identifies and manages risk verify and monitors associated training requirements.
- Able to manage a team of Environmental Professionals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Environmental Acts, Permits, Concerns & Regulations Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Strong mentoring skills Demonstrated leadership, project management, and conflict resolution skills.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years practical environmental management experience 5 years construction industry experience in a management/supervisory position.
- A BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or a related field is desired.
- Experience in heavy civil construction projects highly desirable.
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Stuart Brazier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Job # 62935
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here