Intermediate Test Developer – Java - Complete
Current as of: September 5th, 2017
Id : 62607
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Maxine Smith
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Maxine Smith via email at email@example.com
Intermediate Test Developer – Java
Our client is currently seekingintermediate and experienced Test Developer to join their Calgary team. The ideal candidates will be a fast learner and enjoy working independently or within small teams. They must also be confident in all aspects of software development and delivery on large and scalable applications with an emphasis on build/test automation. Initial project assignments will require the candidate to learn several systems and technologies
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Provide expertise with application and database integration technologies, including solution and service-oriented architectures.
- Create/maintain/execute manual test cases.
- Create/maintain/execute automated java component and API tests.
- Track and report test results and coverage.
- Attend daily scrums, project meetings, and department meetings as required.
- Liaise with Product Management, Project Management, Release Management, DBAs, and Infrastructure teams as required.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on and apply new technologies and processes.
- Analyzing, documenting & contributing in the design of applications.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate technical degree (computer science or engineering) or equivalent.
- 4+ years experience in software development/quality assurance with experience in Java/J2EE.
- Experience with REST, especially with Java API for Restful Web Services.
- Core skills should include Java, XML, Soap, J2EE Compliant Application Servers (JBOSS, Tomcat, WebLogic etc.), Frameworks (Hibernate, Spring Boot), AngularJS.
- Experience operating within a software product development environment.
- Source code management systems (e.g. Subversion/GIT).
- Bug tracking/fixing system (e.g. Jira).
- Automated builds, continuous integration, unit testing.
- Creating and updating technical specifications and completing code review.
- Good understanding of quality assurance processes and principles.
- Experience testing scalable web applications.
- Demonstrated experience applying SCRUM and other agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of writing SQL scripts.
- Strong Unix/Linux programming/debugging skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Able to work autonomously and within cross functional teams.
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Maxine Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Maxine at 403.718.5085
Please quote Job Reference # 62607
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca