IT Support Analyst
Current as of: July 20th, 2017
Id : 62779
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Maxine Smith
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Jayme Clark via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Support Analyst
As an IT Support Analyst, you will be part of a team that provides both remote and on-site customer support for a wide range of issues across a diverse client pool. Support can range from installation, maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting of workstations, mobile devices, software, network infrastructure and servers. You will be responsible for following, maintaining and creating network documentation, standards and procedures.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Respond to client requests by phone or email consistently within the expected timeframe
- Successfully handle a throughput of 15 requests per day
- Communicate early and often with clients and teammates regarding outstanding issues
- Solve a wide range of business and productivity issues using technology
- Create and maintain network documentation, every time
- Implement solutions utilizing simple, proven technologies
- Deliver only tested solutions addressing the root cause of an issue
- Accurately determine proper course of action when facing conflicting priorities
- Update ticketing system in real-time
- Love helping and teaching others whether they be clients or coworkers
- Are decisive after doing necessary diligence but also know when to ask for help
- Appreciate culture of empowerment and accountability to a team
- Own your mistakes and learn from them
- Put client’s and team’s needs first
- React with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Welcome variety and react to change with flexibility and an open mind
- Possess 2+ years of IT support experience
- Have completed a degree or diploma in a related area of study
- Have a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
- Are able to lift 60 lbs.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineer, business or other related field.
- 2-4 years as a system analyst, network analyst or related experience can substitute for degree requirements.
- Interact with a wide variety of clients, respond to customer trouble tickets, provide onsite support as required, and document the details involved.
- Assess the extent and complexity of computer and network problems. Provide answers to computer and network questions.
- Ensure timely and appropriate escalation actions for unresolved problems.
- Install, repair, upgrade, and test computer and network hardware and software.
- Research and recommend hardware and software products appropriate to customer business requirements.
- Develop solutions and plans to specific customer problems.
- Follow up with clients to ensure that their needs were met.
- Detailed documenting of work performed.
- Advanced knowledge of software applications, computers, network architecture, and data communications.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and Office 365, desktop operating systems (Windows and/or Mac), Terminal Services, VPN technologies, MS Exchange Server, LAN/WAN network topologies, Anti-virus solutions, firewall technologies, and familiarity with MS Windows Server operating systems.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a group or independently.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret both problems and people, investigate such matters, and address the root cause
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Jayme Clark at email@example.com or call Jayme at 403.718.5079
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here