Legal Assistant – Securities - Complete
Current as of: March 24th, 2017
Id : 62548
Category : Office Personnel-Perm
Location/City : BC – Vancouver
Region : Vancouver Area
Job Type : Contract
Recruiter Name : Kate Taylor
Fantastic job opportunity for a Vancouver Legal Assistant with Securities experience! Permanent role with great benefits – Downtown Vancouver location!
Our client, one of the largest law firms in Western Canada, is immediately looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to join their growing team. Their office is located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver and is close to the sky train. This is a permanent, full-time position and includes great benefits. Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
As Legal Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the solicitors and partners. To be successful in this position you must have solid previous experience as a legal assistant or paralegal, preferably in Securities. You will also have outstanding document processing skills and experience working from start to finish on files. My client promotes a friendly and corroborative environment, with lots of team building events throughout the year. You will need to have a positive, “can-do” attitude and be a team player.
- Perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Prepare various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Book discovery and court dates
- Prepare court material
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders
- Update minute book information
- Maintaining the reminder system regarding annual meetings
The successful candidate must have the follow;
- 5-10 years experience working as a Legal Assistant
- Legal Assistant qualification is preferred
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Must have experience using SEDAR/SEDI
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Excellent grammar and punctuation
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of the securities requirements across Canada and in the USA
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail to be able to analyze legal documents for accuracy
If you match the above criteria and you are looking for a new role to get your teeth stuck in to – please apply now to register your interest by clicking on the appropriate link below. For more information please call Kate on 604-695-2601.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here