Network Analyst – Tier 2 - Complete
Current as of: August 15th, 2017
Id : 62754
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Maxine Smith
lease submit your resume in Word format directly to Maxine Smith via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Network Analyst – Tier 2
Our client is a Calgary based company with a focus on finding cost effective and operationally efficient telecommunications services for businesses in the small and medium market.
As a young and growing local company, this company is an ideal place to find opportunity. With our projected expansion there is potential for employees to grow with the company and into new and exciting positions. We are driven to create a work environment that challenges and rewards each team member in an effort to keep employee satisfaction as high as our customers’. We work hard as a team, but always make time to congratulate ourselves on our successes.
This self motivated individual has a positive attitude, is goal oriented and has the ability to foster strong relationships. You will be called on to troubleshoot service issues using your skill set and knowledge base. You will have good access o support or more challenging situation. Training is ongoing and you can expect to become certified in a number of new areas.
In this role, you would be involved not only in servicing and maintaining existing telephone systems but also in direct implementation of new projects.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Maintain VoIP phone system performance, stability, and availability
- Implement and/or design addressing schemes for voice networks
- Understanding of PBX switches, servers, and cloud voice services
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in Linux and Windows Server (2003,2008 $ 2012)
- Knowledge of SIP Session Boarder controller products
- Analyze voice networks and recommend upgrades, changes and anticipate future needs
- Create documentation detailing network design and their inter-connection
- Troubleshooting L2 network tickets
- Remote and local maintenance of SLA and non-SLA customers
- Troubleshoot voice/video/data of products – ShoreTel, Samsung, LifeSize Video conference systems,
- Support and diagnosis of technical issues involving Firewalls, VPNs and Routing
- Knowledge of network technology, architecture and elements, and a strong understanding of their associated inter-workings.
- Understanding of QoS for voice network
- Technical knowledge in Telecom Network topics: MPLS, VPLS,spanning tree, routers, Layer 2/3 switches, WIFI, VoIP, firewalls and UTM.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work a schedule that will meet the demand of our customers as required
- Knowledge of VMWARE, HYPerV, Active Directory and/or UNIX/Linux/Solaris an asset.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Not necessary but Network Certification (CCNA,CCNP,WCNA, CCIE)would be nice to have
- Shortel Experience
- LifeSize Video Experience
- VoIP experience
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Maxine Smith at email@example.com or call Maxine at 403.718.5085
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca