Payroll & Benefits Supervisor - Complete
Current as of: July 12th, 2017
Id : 62763
Category : Office Personnel-Perm
Location/City : BC – Vancouver
Region : Vancouver Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Namrta Basra
Please submit your resume directly to Namrta Basra via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Namrta directly at (604) 695-2612.
Our client works closely with the mining industry. They are located in the business district of Vancouver Downtown. They are looking for a Benefits & Payroll Supervisor to join their team. This is an immediate need so great opportunity for someone looking to jump into a position ASAP. This role would be responsible for overseeing all payroll and benefits administration for all of the corporate offices. This position would report to the Director of Human Resources and Administration.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Enter timesheets, updates and changes into payroll systems
- Process Payrolls for Canadian, US and International employees:
- Prepare semi-monthly and monthly payroll for all staff
- Prepare payroll journal entries;
- Reconcile WCB and submit reports and payments as required;
- Reconcile Vacation accrual;
- Prepare annual T4’s & W2’s and reconcile to the appropriate general ledger accounts;
- Maintain complete payroll records for each employee and ensure confidentiality of information is maintained at all times;
- Ensure all payroll software updates are implemented as required ensuring the accuracy of all pay runs;
- Advises Accounting Dept. of payroll amounts to enable the payroll accounts to be funded;
- Where appropriate, maintain relationships with outside service providers including benefit providers;
- Assists with benefit programs and acts as the liaison between benefit providers and employees;
- Reconcile and balance monthly benefit plan invoices;
- Review payroll and benefit forms and procedures with new hires;
- Supervise and mentor the Payroll & Benefits Administrator and Assistant
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience processing payrolls, including managing the coordination of timesheets, reporting payroll using contractor software, calculation of benefits expenses and deductions from employees, and recording wages and benefits in the general journal
- Able to work independently, prioritize and is able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Passion for delivering high quality customer service in all aspect of his/her work, and be an excellent team player who is willing to assist as required.
- Preference will be given to an individual with payroll experience in the mining industry. A Payroll Compliance Practitioner or Certified Payroll Manager designation with some accounting background is ideal.
Compensation and Benefits
- $70,000 to $80,000 DOE
Apply Online Here
Please quote Job Reference #62763
Please submit your resume directly to Namrta Basra via email at email@example.com or call Namrta directly at (604)695-2612.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca