Portal Construction Manager
Current as of: July 21st, 2017
Id : 62980
Category : Engineering
Location/City : BC – Fort St. John
Region : North Eastern, British Columbia
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Stuart Brazier
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Stuart Brazier via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
|As a Portal Construction Manager you will be in charge of portions of the portal structures, comply with all applicable Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements. You will collaborate with partners, both internal and external, to execute all project activities on time and on budget. The Portal Construction Manager is responsible to ensure that the Project works are safely completed on schedule in compliance with the contract as well as the job cost estimate and all the work is performed efficiently, and completed to acceptable standards of quality and workmanship.
- Manage all portal activities on-site in order to maintain targeted/scheduled production within budget
- Understand best practices of job set-up and management, understand the critical path of decision making.
- Provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment through the establishment, review and communication of key performance indicator for safety, environment, operations, costs and quality company values and expectations.
- Ensuring compliance with various applicable portal and environmental regulations pertaining to the construction operations.
- Oversee and analyze operations, make recommendations when necessary to ensure production quotas and procedures are met.
- Provide leadership in scheduled progress meetings.
- Participate in safety meetings and training.
- Prepare production reports for review by management and participate and review audits and inspections.
- Confer with management and senior officials regarding the setting of production quotas and the planning of extraction sites.
- Evaluation of efficiency on production sites to determine adequacy of personnel, equipment and technologies used, making changes to work schedules or equipment when necessary.
- Select, train, develop and utilize the skills of supervisors, professionals, miners and support staff
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules including “look ahead” schedules and take corrective action(s);
- Coordinate subcontractors, arrange and attend subcontractors coordination meetings;
- Conduct direct reporting employees performance plans and assessments, supervise and train employees, take corrective action as required;
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly applicable Occupational Health & Safety Act / Construction Safety Act regulations;
- Administer company safety program as per current procedures;
- Ensure compliance with all Environment regulations and policies;
- Administer and ensure adherence to all applicable labour agreements and labour standards;
- Enforce current rules of conduct;
- Delegate adequate authority to enable subordinates to carry out their responsibilities;
- Keep the Project Manager informed of significant developments;
- Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor; and,
- Promote the best interest of Company.
- Works under general supervision, having contact with supervisors on a regular basis.
- Makes responsible independent decisions on normal matters related to project management.
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Stuart Brazier at email@example.com
Please quote Job Reference # 62980
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca
Apply Online Here