Project Accountant - Complete
Current as of: April 13th, 2017
Id : 62605
Category : Accounting-Permanent
Location/City : AB – Leduc
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Jessica Kopitar
Please submit your resume directly to Jessica Kopitar via email at email@example.com
Project Accountant – 2 years contract!
Great permanent opportunity for an Administrative Assistant with a strong interest in Logistics!
Our client is looking for a Project accountant on site for a construction project performed in Ne Calgary. This person will work under the project manager and will have to coordinate its duties with the accounting department at the Head office out east.
This person is fully responsible for the project billing process, including responding to client inquiries, verifying employees’ chargeable time and as well as being in charge of the payables of the project in accordance with the established accounting standards and contract requirements.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Effectively communicate with Project Manager (PM) and other project staff, regarding contract document and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing;
- Prepare monthly final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable project, including all applicable backup for approval by the Project Manage;
- Execute all the entries in the system regarding the accounts payables according to standard procedures by the Accounting department at the Head office;
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Supervisor, as to your observations and actions taken;
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period;
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures;
- Review the Employees’ weekly time sheets and produce report and documentation to the head office for payroll activities;
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle;
- Prepare special project analyses for the PM, Accounting department and others;
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Project Manager;
Required Skills and Qualifications
- College Degree (Diploma) in Business Administration (Major in accounting or financial services preferred).
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- More than 5 years of billing and receivables and payables, with experience in cost plus type projects preferable.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, reimbursable and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the PM or the Accounting department, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a construction management project environment.\
Compensation and Benefits
Please quote Job Reference #62605
Please submit your resume directly to Jessica Kinnon via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here