Current as of: February 8th, 2016
Id : 60938
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : BC – Richmond
Region : Vancouver Area
Job Type : Contract
Recruiter Name : Kelly Vertes
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Kelly Vertes via email at email@example.com or call Kelly at 604-695-2611.
“Testing is about defect detection, Quality Assurance is about defect prevention.”
This is a great opportunity to work for an industry leading marketer, distributor and technology innovator of stored-value gift and prepaid products. Our Richmond-based client is looking for a full time junior-intermediate level QA technician to fill a temporary leave of absence on a month to month basis. The contract will be minimum 2 months, and then will work on a monthly rolling contract from there.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ability to identify test requirements from specifications, compose accurate and detailed test plans
- Execute test cases and report test results in a timely and efficient manner
- Document and track the defects identified. Provide actionable test reports and recommendations.
- Perform manual, regression, smoke, and automated testing
- Report testing status to the appropriate manager
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation and automated scripts.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to meet product deliverables and implementation schedules
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 2-4 years QA testing experience
- A demonstrated understanding of the Agile development lifecycle and how QA fits into the process
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Knowledge of QA tools including load and automated testing
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in navigating across cross-functional teams
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly rate of $25-30 per hour
Please quote Job Reference # 60938
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Kelly Vertes via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kelly at 604-695-2611.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here