Current as of: June 8th, 2017
Id : 62780
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : CALGARY
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Maxine Smith
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Maxine Smith via email at email@example.com
Our client is a leading global provider of specialized data management systems for land and offshore drilling rigs. Their services in clued data acquisitions, reporting, remote communications, web based info management, and analytics to enable communications between the rig and office operations.
Their employees are high energy and focused, and people are encouraged to bring ideas and push the envelope – we would describe it as a bottom-up leadership style – the technical team is looked at by management as the experts and successful candidates are those that have the confidence to establish themselves as experts and provide worthy decisions.
Our client uses electronic data processing and because of their cyber environment, they have a need for consistent security (methods, processes and tools).
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Experience working in a business minded, agile and high performing environment.
- Active and ongoing research of IT security methods.
- Monitoring security incidents using sophisticated solutions and processes.
- Development and implementation of business based process, solutions and tools.
- Day-to-day activities, projects, security event and incident management.
- Programming and scripting security event dashboard information
- Support complex security systems
- Help guide business staff to meet security requirements
- Researching, testing, developing and implementing new technical security solutions, interface program, customized utilities and hardware devices.
- Works with various groups to execute day to date process, procedures etc.
- Implementation of the incident response process
- Work with SIEM vendor to continue improved services
- Vulnerability and security patch remediation
- Train security awareness and events
- Set up testing security lab
- Run penetration tests and regular vulnerability scans
- Analyze breaches, violations, and incidents to identify root causes
- Create dashboards for security awareness and reporting
- IT security including virus detection systems, firewall content filtering systems, and software license management systems
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in networking, computer engineering, software development or security SANS
- CISSP or CISM certifications would be great to see
- 4+ years computer security, incident response and security technology
- Familiar with best practices ( ISO 17799/27002, etc), rules and regulations for info security and data confidentiality
- Background in software development would be GREAT to see.
- Desktop, server, application, database, and network security principles for risk identification
- Familiarity with network protocols – HTTP, SSH, FTP etc.
- Familiarity with UNIX and Linux, Windows, file structures and architecture.
- Scripting experience with any of the following – Bash, C, PHP, or Python.
- Familiarity with MySQL
- Penetration testing – BT/Kali, Metaspolit, etc)
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Maxine Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Maxine at 403.718.5085
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca