Senior Backend Developer
Current as of: December 23rd, 2015
Id : 60937
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : BC – Vancouver
Region : Vancouver Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Kelly Vertes
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Kelly Vertes via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kelly at 604-695-2611.
You can’t build a great building on a weak foundation! Apply below and be the foundation for some ground-breaking projects.
This is an opportunity to be apart of building new exciting projects with a fast growing media company in Vancouver. The client is currently developing a trading services app that will change the way people buy and sell cars.
Our client is looking for a talented senior backend developer who is passionate about database design and database management. If you are someone that would love to be apart of a growing start-up, is passionate about technology, and wants to continuously be challenged with new projects, APPLY HERE!
Duties and responsibilities
- Define application objectives by analyzing user requirements
- Plan for system features and functionality
- Design and develop applications by prioritizing expectations and features throughout development life cycle
- Determine design methodologies and tool sets
- Complete programming using languages and software products
- Define backend APIs and test frameworks and conduct tests
- Meet all development requirements and ensure the development life cycle will be finished in a timely manner
- Lead other developers by providing advice, coaching and presenting educational opportunities
- Perform other duties as required
- A degree in computing science, programming, software engineering or related field
- Proficient in backend development using PHP or Node.js
- Proficiency in other languages such as Java/python is an asset
- 5+ years of experience in designing and architecting backend services with REST API, MySQL and NoSQL database
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity in front-end architecture and design patterns is an asset
- Proficient with mobile application development on iOS/Android is a plus
- Experience working in an agile development mode
- Proficiency in understanding Chinese is a bonus
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary of $78,000-92,000 based on expertise and experience
Please quote Job Reference # 60937
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Kelly Vertes via email at email@example.com or call Kelly at 604-695-2611.
Apply Online Here
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca