Senior Business Analyst - Complete
Current as of: April 13th, 2017
Id : 62088
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Contract
Recruiter Name : Maxine Smith
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Maxine Smith via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Downstream – Senior Business Analyst
My client, a down town oil and gas company is looking to make an addition to their business group that targets efficiencies in business processes. The group is focused on margin improvement activities and is currently in the process of enhancing its planning and optimization practices within the Downstream portfolio.
We are looking or an EXPERIENCED business analyst to join this group. The successful candidate will have strong working knowledge of process concepts and techniques, goo interpersonal skills, and a proven track record for successfully working within collaborative term. If you apply your skill set should be a good mix of relevant business experience, as well as process and technical knowledge that ca n Identify forward looking solutions
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Identify through dialogue with Business Unit Leaders and end users, problems and opportunities for business improvements
- Support business leaders to define effective business processes within and across their areas
- Work with business leaders to identify requirements gaps/needs in business processes and systems
- Gather key process information by conducting process observations, stakeholder interviews, time studies, and process mapping activities; analyze collected data to present information to various stakeholders.
- Facilitate the development of process models, and corresponding artifacts to create a baseline that provides a representation of the current as-is business process.
- Collaborate with business units and subject matter experts to validate the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Facilitate the documentation and development of the future state design, as well as identification of risk mitigations to support implementation of the new process.
- Collaborate with technical team to enable development of business and end user solutions
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of progressively more senior level experience in business analysis, project management, and/or project controls.
- Extensive experience working on projects within Downstream with a marketing or refining focus
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, manage change and manage overall quality of project deliverables
- Familiar with either Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing concepts, specifically Kaizen, 5S, and/or PDCA improvement methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and analytical skills are needed
- Experience leading downstream projects and/or programs
- Certification or eligibility for certification as a Green Belt (Lean/Six Sigma) would be considered a strong asset.
- Vendor management experience
Please quote Job Reference # 62088
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Maxine Smith at email@example.com or call Maxine at 403-718-5085
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca