Senior System Analyst – Cisco Network Specialist
Current as of: March 7th, 2017
Id : 62462
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Medicine Hat
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Maxine Smith
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Maxine Smith via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Systems Analyst – Cisco Network Specialist
Medicine Hat – Relocation provided
My client is looking to connect with a highly motivated ‘Senior Systems Analyst’ to join a team of 6 infrastructure professionals and provide technical leadership and expertise for the City’s network and network security environments. Reporting to the ‘Superintendent of Technical Services’ this person will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, protection and support of the network infrastructure and applications in a complex IT environment. The successful candidate with work closely with stakeholder and clients to understand and advocate for network solutions, provide direction, information and recommendations regarding network services.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of relevant Cisco Networking environments and security technologies. You will be asked to demonstrate your senior level technical team leadership in design, administration and maintenance of mid-size corporate networks to ensure optimal functionality, performance and security. Strong written and verbal communication is a must, as this person will be working in a high pressure fast paced environment. If you are open to new concepts and technologies, enjoy working with a mature senior team to develop solutions for user and take pride in achieving results then this could be a great opportunity to explore.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- The minimum of a Computer Science Diploma
- Minimum 5 years working as a Network Systems Analyst
- Minimum 2 years working as a Senior Network resource
- Industry Certifications – Cisco CCNP or CCIE would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge administering mid-sized corporate IP networks across multiple locations – utilizing recent Cisco technologies – WiFi ISE, PRIME, VRF-light, MPLS
- Experience directly managing current core information technologies – Windows and Linix Servers, VMware server/storage virtualization, Microsoft AD and Network data storage systems.
- Experience successfully administering and managing the network security using both best-of-breed and open source technologies.
- Must have valid Class 5 drivers license and clean driving record
Why consider Medicine Hat
- Relocation expenses are reimbursed
- Competitive Compensation with great benefits package
- Low cost of living – affordable housing
- Strong Sport and Recreation facilities – Hockey Programs, Newly Renovated Leisure Facilities.
- Arts presence
- Great education system for your kids
- Community Ski Hill
- Strong stable and independent municipality – own their gas and electric services resulting in very affordable living expenses.
- Progressive city with the population of 100K. The city has all the luxuries of a big city without the traffic etc.
Please Quote Job Reference Number : 62462
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Maxine Smith at email@example.com or call Maxine at 403.718.5085
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca