Service Manager - Complete
Current as of: June 6th, 2017
Id : 62368
Category : Office Personnel-Perm
Location/City : AB – Edmonton
Region : Edmonton Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Tracy Callander
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Tracy Callander at email@example.com.
Are you a seasoned Service Manager that is looking to work with a well-established, stable company in a busy, fast paced environment?
This is a great career opportunity to showcase your management skills. Interested?
Reporting to the President and managing a team of service equipment technicians, you will be responsible for the following:
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Liaise with customer service, installation, maintenance and dispatch team members to maximize customer satisfaction, productivity and efficiency.
- Utilize Lead Technicians for technical issues ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Managing technician performance through system reports and KPI’s ensuring profit and efficiency.
- Coordinate Recruitment and Development of technicians by creating and executing training plans and technical skills development.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team on a day to day business and in leadership meetings.
- Support other Regional Service Directors as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication skills; strong coaching skills.
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree or related education in Business, Management, or Operations.
- Proven experience leading a team and in a management role.
- Strong technical/mechanical background, refrigeration, or appliance knowledge is an asset.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range is $70K-$80K with a significant bonus structure. Comprehensive benefits also included.
Please quote Job Reference #62368
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Tracy Callander at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca