Current as of: July 6th, 2017
Id : 62915
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Contract
Recruiter Name : Maxine Smith
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Maxine Smith via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
API Developer – Full Stack .Net Web Developer – 6 month Contract
Our client is looking to attract best in class developer for a 6 month contract, the successful candidate will be a back-end Rest Service developer with a strong understanding of Database’s for a high user base.
They are looking for someone who currently works in the code on a daily basis, loves coding and more importantly loves creating beautiful clean solutions for complex problems. If you are the type of developer that is always keeping up to date with the latest development practices, platforms and design patterns because “why not? They are fun!” Then you are the type of person we are looking for. You should be a key player in the development community and the type of person that gets excited about all the web development technologies on the market – you likely know of news ones coming down the pipeline too!
The interview process is not the faint of heart – you MUST talk the talk, and walk the walk as you will be QA’d by software architects out of silicon valley… up till now the issue hasn’t been with understanding great development practices, it has been with the ability to apply them and physically show through code that you are willing and able.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Design and implementation of features within a wide range of application areas – Reporting, E-commerce, API and UI.
- Re-factor current code
- Write unit and functional code
- Work with other team members in a paired programming environment
- Investigate and resolved production issues
- Work closely with junior and intermediate staff to ensure strong understanding of patterns; topics of expertise should include S.O.L.I.D, TDD, unit testing, refactoring.
- Work closely with QA and product owners to understand user stories.
- Strong understanding of TDD
- Would love to see experience with “Open Source” development.
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment with high user base – up to 100/second.
- Strong understanding of Entity or Hibernate frameworks
- API using REST development principles
- Database Strength – load, throughput, database locking for high user base.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Deep experience with .Net C# and in the development of Web Services.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, hard science, or relevant experience
- Strong understanding of code quality and design principles.
- Strong understanding of web principles like REST, and related web technologies like HTTP.
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Drive to improve your approach to software development.
- Knowledge of trends in API design and adoption is desired.
- Experience building service clients using Ruby, JSON, or Ajax is desired.
- Experience with Agile software development practices is strongly desired.
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Maxine Smith at email@example.com or call Maxine at 403.718.5085
Please Reference Job #62915
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here