Software Development Architect – Ruby On Rails - Complete
Current as of: April 13th, 2017
Id : 62195
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Contract
Recruiter Name : Maxine Smith
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Maxine Smith via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Development Architect – Ruby on Rails
Our client is about to undergo a large development project for an exciting software company based in Calgary. Their product has been recognized around the world for being the best among its competitors and they are now looking to kick start a major project with a Development Architect – RUBY ON RAILS
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Define, document, and communicate the correct architecture
- Define how to properly use it, and ensure those that follow are using the architecture properly
- Ensure timing of stages are orderly so that all stakeholders within the organization can make progress as they become complete.
- Make sure the software and system architectures are in synchronization
- Act as the emissary of the architecture
- Communicate effectively with management to ensure they understand its parts and uses.
- Ensure correct right modeling is being done, to ensure performance will be met.
- Provide input as needed to issues like tools and environment selection
- Identify and interact with stakeholders to make sure their needs are being met
- Make sure that the architecture is not only the right one for operations, but also for deployment and sustainment
- Resolve disputes and make tradeoffs
- Resolve technical problems
- Maintain morale, both within the architecture group, and externally as well. The latter is done by providing a sound design, when needed, and providing good presentations and materials to let everyone know the organization is on the right track.
- Understand and plan for evolutionary paths
- Plan for new technology insertion
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Please note that this is an Architecture role that will be working with and alongside the Development team.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bring together all pieces of the development architecture for all aspects of the system and then communicate to all stakeholders.
- System aspects include software development tools (Ruby on Rails), high level design to the “off-the-shelf” components and services required for the system to function.
- Provide the development team (3-4 developers) with all the tools they need to put together a great system.
- Show competence in the core framework – used or need to be used.
- Must be technically competent
- Must be a strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Must have 3-5 years of experience using the Ruby On Rails framework.
Please quote Job Reference #62195
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Maxine Smith at email@example.com or call Maxine at 403.542.1616
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca