Financial Accountant - Complete
Current as of: January 9th, 2020
Id : 34000
Category : Accounting-Contract
Location/City : AB – Edmonton
Region : Edmonton Area
Job Type : Contract
Recruiter Name : Charles Hastey
Financial Accountant Contract Role (12-18 months)
The Financial Accountant is responsible for all internal and external corporate financial reporting. They will assist with monthly and annual budgeting, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and co-ordinate month end close process ensuring deadlines are met. They will provide support to the Corporate Accounting team by assisting with external audits and other year-end tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FINANCIAL REPORTING AND BUDGETING
- Prepare external financial reporting including bank and bonding companies, ensuring covenants are adhered to.
- Prepare quarterly internal consolidated financial statements for distribution.
- Provide support via cross training for other Corporate Accounting functions including joint venture financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly consolidated summary of operations and WIP adjustment, working with district accounting management to reconcile and correct discrepancies.
- Assist with preparing monthly financial package for distribution to Senior Management and Board.
- Assist with monthly overhead forecasting and annual budget preparation for review with Senior Management.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and adjusting entries as required.
- Main point of contact for all inquiries regarding Financial Reporting software.
- Establish and ensure month end deadlines are met and coordinate month and year end close process.
- Assist with year-end and interim external audit as required.
- Other duties as required by the Corporate Accounting Manager or Controller.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and productivity in the Accounting department.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- CPA Designation or nearly completion would be an asset.
- 5 years of relevant work experience including exposure to financial reporting.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Highly motivated individual who is willing to take initiative and investigate problems.
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in excel and outlook.
- Able to adapt to and to learn software.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team and/or independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Able to interpret and implement company policies and procedure.
WORKING CONDITIONS – PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving up to 10 lbs. may be required.
Please quote Job Reference #34000
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Charles Hastey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here