Temporary Employment Orientation
Since 1974 Executrade’s goal has been to offer you interesting and enjoyable assignments with great Western Canadian companies.
- Unless you call us to tell us otherwise, we will assume that you are always available for work.
- If you do not hear from us, it is only because we have no suitable employment available to discuss with you.
- If we have assignments for which you may be qualified, we will call you to discuss the position, requirements, duration, dress code, pay rate and any other relevant information.
- If you agree to accept the assignment, you will be expected to stay for the duration of the job. However, if you are unable to complete the assignment, we request one week’s notice prior to leaving the assignment.
- Executrade is your employer; therefore, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your assignments, or your pay, please contact us directly so that we may assist you.
When you accept the assignment, please follow the guidelines below to help you adequately prepare for the assignment and represent Executrade in an appropriate manner.
- Confirm the start time and location of the assignment with one of our recruitment consultants.
- Ensure you cover the following topics with the consultant if they are of concern to you:
- Directions to work location
- Parking arrangements
- Lunch facilities
- Allergies that could affect you in your work (e.g., chemicals, pets)
- Any scheduled appointments or interviews that may affect your work schedule
- Whenever possible, review the client’s website before your assignment to familiarize yourself with the organization.
- If your assignment is longer than five days, you will be required to sign an office contract. It is important to return this contract immediately.
- Sometimes you will be approached by the client to accept a full-time position. If this happens, please contact Executrade so that we may help facilitate it with the client and yourself.
TIME SHEET SUBMISSION
- In order for our payroll department to process your weekly pay, your electronic timesheet must be submitted by Monday morning.
RECEIVING YOUR PAY
- Paycheques take one week to process.
- Ensure that you have proper authorization from your supervisor before you work overtime hours.
- Overtime is based on any hours in excess of 8 hours per day, or 44 hours per week, whichever comes first.
VACATION AND STAT HOLIDAY PAY
- Vacation pay is accrued at 4% of you regular earnings and will be paid out at each pay period.
- When a statutory holiday occurs, you will be paid an average day’s pay if:
- you have worked for Executrade a minimum of 30 days in the last year, and
- you worked the business day before and the business day following the holiday.
- Remember that you are Executrade’s employee. Report any on-the-job injury to our payroll office immediately at 780 944 1129.