Operations Supervisor - Complete
Current as of: January 9th, 2020
Id : 65020
Category : Engineering
Location/City : AB – Edmonton
Region : Edmonton Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Ian Strate
Our client, a concrete products manufacturer and supplier, is seeking a Supervisor for their Edmonton-area facility!
Responsible for supervising a small team, production, inventory control, and scheduling functions of the manufacturing process.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Production of quality products in an efficient and timely manner.
- Prepare a periodic production schedule that is agreed to by the General Manager and Sales Manager.
- Organize and staff production departments to support seasonal production demand.
- Supervision and training of plant employees (3 – 4.)
- Provide a safe work environment.
- Assure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety and any other regulations.
- Annually assist in preparation of the capital budget, recommending equipment & process improvements to improve plant productivity, safety, and quality.
- Assist with maintenance in the care and upkeep of all buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Effective interaction with management, the business community, customers, vendors and fellow employees.
Required Skills and Qualification
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a concrete manufacturing facility.
- Technical knowledge of concrete and concrete related-products is a strong asset.
- Related manufacturing experience will be considered (i.e. chemical, related building products, etc.)
- Strong leadership and organizational skills required.
- Excellent communication skills with a team-building attitude.
- Valid class 5 Drivers license required.
- Forklift certification is considered an asset.
Compensation and Benefits
- A salary and comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Apply Online Here
Please quote Job Reference #65020
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Ian Strate at email@example.com.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca.