Corporate Health and Safety Manager - Complete
Current as of: April 11th, 2016
Id : 61245
Category : HSE-Quality
Location/City : BC- North Vancouver
Region : Vancouver Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Des Fleury
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Des Fleury at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Des at 604-754-8788.
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Corporate Health and Safety Manager!
One of our clients is looking for a versatile and experienced Corporate Health and Safety Manager, who will serve as the Corporate Lead for six active construction companies. Additionally, the role includes acting as the safety leader for two of those six companies; Successful candidates will be self-motivated and driven to achieve high-performance results, all the while providing strategic leadership to embed a corporate-wide safety culture.
The successful applicant will have the ability to develop, implement, and manage effective safety programs, as well as meet all applicable federal and provincial rules and regulations. The Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the President of the Company.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Works closely with other EHS Managers to maintain the highest level of EHS performance and ensure flawless EHS-communication between companies. These EHS Managers will report directly to the Corporate Health and Safety Manager.
- Develops and implements the Company safety management systems, education and training programs, accident prevention initiatives, first aid provisions, emergency response, fire safety, accident investigations and injury reporting protocols and is able to implement changes effectively.
- Produces the internal audit program, for the formulation of action plans (that are subsequent to the audit) and for achieving full compliance with audit recommendations.
- Developments and implements policies, safe work plans, safe work practices and safe job procedures.
- Inspects the worksite and conducts site inspections. Spends time talking to and listening to employees. Communicates how initiatives are being received and how effective they are. The expectation is that at the Corporate Health and Safety Manager will spend time travelling to job sites and administrative offices across Canada on a regular monthly basis.
- Completes relevant annual internal COR audits and other safety as needed.
- Preparation of pre-job hazard assessments, corrective action logs and first aid assessments.
- Reviews, if required, pre-qualification health and safety documentation prepared by the HSE Administrative Assistant for Estimating and Project Management Departments.
- Reviews EHS tasks’ documentation and provides feedback to address areas of for improvement.
- Assists with the organization of external COR audits (site escort).
- Monitors and maintains the subcontractor safety management program (i.e. subcontractor assessments, pre-qualification EHS questionnaires, etc.)
- Organization of EHS training for field and office personnel.
- Updates Construction EHS Program manual.
- Researches multi-jurisdictional OHS Regulations and develops strategies to adhere to new OHS Regulations, guidelines and industry standards.
- Provides direction to Equipment Management Division with respect to equipment-related health and safety matters (i.e. enforcement of mobile crane CSA standards, operator training).
- Obtains and maintains Provincial Certificate of Recognitions, BCFSC Safe Company Status designation and other Certificate of Recognition equivalencies.
- Liaises with clients, prime contractors and subcontractors concerning EHS related matters.
- Liaises with various jurisdiction’s’ OHS Government Representatives with respect to project site inspections, work orders, etc. and ensures work orders are addressed in an expedient and professional manner.
- Investigates incidents, manages incident investigation and reporting program to prevent recurrence of incidents and to ensure information on incidents is shared adequately across all locations. Revises procedures as appropriate.
- Takes a lead role in risk management, hazard assessment, task analysis training in risk control, corrective actions and monitoring effectiveness of new and existing control measures.
- Leads the monthly Safety Committee Meetings.
- Fiscal tracking of EHS expenditures.
- Maintains current EHS statistics.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of a diploma or degree in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Senior level experience in safety compliance including experience in a health and safety management role in the construction and/or heavy industrial sector.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding and application of Health and Safety Regulations in BC and Canada, including WorksafeBC Regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and to collaborate with Project Managers and field crew in order to achieve excellent health and safety standards.
- Competent and experienced at carrying out internal and external audits.
- The ability to support Project Managers and Supervisors with their safety responsibilities.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions that will impact behavior and continually draw focus on personal safety as being the top operating priority.
- Hands on experience with eCompliance.
Compensation and Benefits
- A competitive base salary and benefits will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please quote Job Reference # 61245
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Des Fleury at email@example.com or call Des at 604-745-8788.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here