Business Systems Analyst - Complete
Current as of: June 17th, 2019
Id : 64729
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Contract
Recruiter Name : Jayme Clark
Please submit your resume directly to Jayme via email at Jayme.Clark@executrade.com
Our Calgary client, ranked among the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada, is currently on the lookout for a Business Systems Analyst for a 6-month contract opportunity to begin immediately. The Business Systems Analyst will perform a combination of three functions: business analysis, systems analysis and project management. As a Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for managing the customer relationship between IS and one or more business areas, implementing upgrades and new applications, as well as supporting and maintaining a portfolio of existing applications.
Previous experience in Land would be an asset.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Managing the customer relationship between IS and specific business areas.
- Supporting, maintaining, enhancing and/or upgrading a portfolio of applications and related integrations.
- Analyzing current solutions, data, processes and work instructions, and designing and implementing applications and process improvements.
- Understanding and analyzing data and its applied use within the business area(s) for both current and legacy applications.
- Business area planning that includes integration of legacy systems, documenting business cases to justify new application investments, scheduling and management of application projects.
- Understanding system architecture for the applications within the portfolio.
- Developing reports, analyzing and responding to requests for data and new functionality.
- Troubleshooting and repairing problems that occur in the everyday use of an application.
- Developing and maintaining technical specifications and documentation.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst/Systems Analyst.
- Experience in Land.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- SQL Scripting and overall SQL knowledge and Database Query tools.
- Strong Analytical Skills, Written and Verbal Communication, Organization, and Interpersonal Skills.
- Experience with supporting land applications – ex. CS Land.
- Experience in Business Modelling, Process Modelling, Data Modelling, and Effort/Cost Modelling and Estimating.
- Strong ability to multitask and be extremely flexible in changing tasks.
- Ability to provide excellent client service, manage and build strong relationships.
- Awareness of emerging issues, including regulations and industry practices.
Please quote Job Reference #64729
Please submit your resume directly to Jayme Clark via email at Jayme.Clark@executrade.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca