Electrical Estimator – Major Construction
Current as of: November 19th, 2017
Id : 63348
Category : Engineering
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Kevin Pedersen
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Kevin Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Strong Electrical foundation with attention to detail and excellent communications skills? Five or more years of experience as an estimator on large construction projects? Our client is one of the largest construction companies in Canada and they are looking for someone like you!
Our client is looking for an experienced Electrical Estimator who can really bring their estimates into focus. Joining an established team, the Estimator will act as an effective liaison between multiple stakeholders, provide support to field operations, utilizing concepts of continuous improvement and using their expertise to assist the team in meeting established business goals.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Create strategic plans in response to each tender
- Ability to interpret and process both designed and built-to-spec contracts
- Analyzes project drawings, proposals and other documentation
- Assist with design options and create proposal documents.
- Responsible for accurate take-offs from drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of accepted estimation processes, familiar with software.
- Analysis of sub-contractor quotes.Full estimate preparation including labor hours, tool & equipment lists, change order contingencies. Provide bid packages to trades .
- Responsible for keeping good records and updating estimation database.
- Maintain effective communications with client, including turnover meetings.
- Conduct site visits as required. Provide feedback on completed work.
- Collect data, establish facts, provide solutions and present effectively to management and clients.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry as an estimator.
- Trade credentials, CET or P.Eng in Electrical or equivalent experience
- Strong experience estimating software as well as M/S Office proficiency.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is dependent on experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Please quote Job Reference #63348Apply Online Here