Current as of: August 23rd, 2017
Id : 62932
Category : Engineering
Location/City : BC – Fort St. John
Region : North Eastern, British Columbia
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Kevin Pedersen
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Kevin Pedersen via email at email@example.com
The Industrial Hygienist will be responsible for the development and implementation of industrial hygiene programs, procedures and instructions. Following all safety, legislative or client requirements, the Industrial Hygienist will also review and update the hygiene programs as needed.
Our client is working on a large scale project in North Eastern British Columbia, Canada. The project will have various areas that will need support during the contraction phase. This is a staff position that will allow for growth and the opportunity to join a winning team.
- Keep abreast of new legislation, trends and regulations.
- Assist in the interpretation, implication and compliance of all relevant legislation.
- Critically evaluate environments, processes, materials inventories, demographics to recognize potential health risks to persons.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct evaluation of work operations, and work processes, which potentially have chemical, physical or biological hazards.
- Recommend effective control measures to mitigate risks via engineering and personal protective methods.
- Assess human exposures to hazards through a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to determine health risks and regulatory compliance.
- Select and operate industrial hygiene testing equipment.
- Ensure all testing is in compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Closely track emerging trends and techniques in the field of Industrial Hygiene.
- Develop IH programs and procedures as assigned by supervisor and QHSE director.
- Identify gaps between current practices and company programs, procedures, regulatory requirements, industry standards and best practices.
- Provide program oversight and input to continuous improvement assessments.
- Audit Industrial Hygiene and related programs.
- Manage IH subcontractors, supply inventory, purchasing and budgeting for lifecycle of the project.
- Provide technical support to project team.
- Ensure that all required documentation is reviewed and stored within the project’s document control system.
- Work closely with the H&S group, Occupational Nurse and other stakeholders. Other Health & Safety duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) designation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene (IH), Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) or related disciplines such as Environmental Science, Chemistry or Biology.
- Minimum of six years of experiences in industrial hygiene, preferably within a well-known consulting company or research institute Experienced in industrial hygiene projects involving confined space entry and rescue, silica and other designated substances, risk assessments, air monitoring, ventilation evaluation, noise assessments and hearing conservation, respiratory protection, indoor air quality, and physical hazards.
- Experienced in developing occupational health and hygiene programs and procedures.
Please submit your resume directly to Kevin Pedersen via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please referference Job # 62932
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here