Intermediate Software Developer – Java - Complete
Current as of: August 11th, 2017
Id : 62608
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Maxine Smith
Please submit your resume in Word format directly to Maxine Smith via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate Software Developer – Java
Our client is currently seeking intermediate and experienced Software Developer to join their Calgary team. The ideal candidates will be a fast learner and enjoy working independently or within small teams. They must also be confident in all aspects of software development and delivery on large and scalable applications with an emphasis on build/test automation. Initial project assignments will require the candidate to learn several systems and technologies.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Provide expertise with application and database integration technologies, including solution and service-oriented architectures.
- Attend daily scrums, project meetings, and department meetings as required.
- Liaise with Test Engineers, Product Management, Project Management, Release Management, DBAs, Infrastructure, and other project teams as required.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on and apply new technologies and processes.
- Hands-on development of SOA-related project tasks.
- Analyzing, documenting & designing applications for global consumption.
- Mentor junior developers and perform code reviews of peer’s work.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate technical degree (computer science or engineering) or equivalent.
- 5+ year’s hands-on software development experience in Java/J2EE.
- Experience with REST, especially with Java API for Restful Web Services.
- Core skills should include Java, XML, Soap, J2EE Compliant Application Servers (JBOSS, Tomcat, WebLogic etc.), Frameworks (Hibernate, Spring Boot), and AngularJS.
- Experience operating within a software product development environment.
- Source code management systems (e.g. Subversion/GIT).
- Bug tracking/fixing system (e.g. Jira).
- Automated builds, continuous integration, and unit testing.
- Creating and updating technical specifications and completing code review.
- Demonstrated experience implementing solutions that are scalable and highly available based on industry best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of J2EE and SOA design patterns with practical experience in applying patterns in real world situations.
- Proficient with UML and a proven ability to design software applications following object-oriented methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience applying SCRUM and other agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of writing SQL scripts.
- Strong Unix/Linux programming/debugging skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation).Able to work autonomously and within cross functional teams.
Candidate like to haves
- Experience with Big Data solutions such as MapR.
- Experience designing and implementing microservices in the Spring Boot framework.
- Demonstrated experience applying secure software development best practices.
- Demonstrated experience building highly performing and scalable applications.
- Experience with large scale financial transaction systems.
Please quote Job Reference #62608
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Maxine Smith at email@example.com or call Maxine at 403.718.5085
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca