Current as of: April 16th, 2018
Id : 63852
Category : Accounting-Permanent
Location/City : AB – Edmonton
Region : Edmonton Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Jennifer Dean
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Jennifer Dean at email@example.com
Are you an experienced pension administrator seeking a new change and challenge?
Would you be seeking a place you can utilize your administration/pension/benefits and customer service skills? If so, this could be an exact fit and next step in your career!
Executrade’s client has asked us to recruit for a Pension Analyst with a strong background in customer service and day to day pension administration. This role is heavy on administration, customer service and fun!
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Processing pension, transfer, death and termination applications by ensuring appropriate forms are completed and all relevant information is submitted.
- Finalizes pension applications by completing final review or forwarding to another Analyst, Assistant Manager or Manager for internal peer review prior to sending to external pension consultant, relevant board of trustees or union for approval prior to setting up pension record on system.
- Determining eligibility and calculate benefits that may be available to members of the various pension funds.
- Issues retirement, death or termination estimate packages within established company service standards. Provides written summaries and verbal explanations of range of pension options available to members.
- Re-calculating files for pensioners returning to work following retirement. Initiates, processes and verifies payment of ad hoc increases to pensions as required.
- Preparing meeting, monthly, and weekly pension status reports. Prepares information for and participates in company presentations to potential clients as required.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary or currently working towards diploma or certificate in a related discipline (e.g. CEBS, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.)
- At least two years experience in a related field, excellent oral and written communication skills and must be proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Proficiency in the French language, both written and verbal, would be a valuable tool but is not a requirement of the position.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex documents such as pension legislation.
- Very good analytical, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including tact and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Excellent customer service skills, including initiative to provide comprehensive service and accurate information in response to pension inquiries.
- Proficient in various computer software programs (i.e. word processing, spread sheets).
Compensation and Benefits
- Our client offers a fantastic downtown office location, free parking and benefits!
- $45,000 – $55,000
Please quote Job Reference #63852
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Jennifer Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here