Senior Network Engineer
Current as of: September 10th, 2018
Id : 64334
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : BC – Vancouver
Region : Vancouver Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Jayme Clark
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Jayme Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a trusted supplier of expertise and services to clients who rely on them for design, implementation and support of their network and I.T. needs. They are adding their network team and are hiring for Senior Network Engineers to keep up with their growing client base. The successful candidate will have a proven IT Generalist skill set (from infrastructure to support on hardware and support), get energized engaging directly with their clients, and will demonstrate dedicated follow-through in ensuring work is done to expectations. This role comes with a competitive salary and benefits, and more importantly, you will feel part of a tight-knit team of professionals.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Remote and onsite client visits for infrastructure support, project work, audits and upgrades.
- Setup and maintenance of a broad range of networking equipment, including switches, routers, firewalls, VPN gateways, and smart devices.
- Assess and organize implementation/migration projects for clients.
- Gather information, document and bubble up needed feedback and learn about business needs.
- Provide consulting, suggestions and recommendations on technical solutions to business needs.
- Ensure internal teams involved are looped in on customer’s needs, critical matters and ongoing projects.
- Help customer to understand the technology and maintain licenses.
- Regular review of roadmaps, coordinate communications between client and product management team.
- Travel to client sites as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills are needed to work for this company.
- 2 – 5 years network administration and analyst experience.
- Hands on experience with routing and switching, configuring firewalls, VPN gateways and smart devices.
- Experience with Windows OS, MS Server 2003/2008/2012/2016, MD RDS, Exchange, SQL, VMware and other virtualization platforms.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to meet demanding timelines.
- Work flexible hours to meet demands of clients.
- Valid drivers license.
- Cisco, VMware and/or MSCE certifications preferred.Compensation and Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
- Salary up to $85,000 depending on experience.Please quote Job Reference #64334
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Jayme Clark at email@example.comExecutrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca