Senior Pension Accountant
Current as of: June 25th, 2018
Id : 64102
Category : Accounting-Contract
Location/City : AB – Edmonton
Region : Edmonton Area
Job Type : Contract
Recruiter Name : Jennifer Dean
Senior Pension Accountant
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Pension Accountant is responsible for the analysis and performance for a diverse variety of activities to support Finance objectives, primarily the provision of trust receipts and payments, pension plan tax administration, pension accounting and reporting functions to internal and external stakeholders. A strong focus on customer service, accurately follow all relevant legislations, policies and procedures, abilities in system and problem solving, and being able to prioritize deadlines are pertinent to this role.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Generate/peer review weekly, monthly pay runs and year-end activities in specific and compressed timelines.
- Upload payment files to bank.
- Run PMBS Payroll reports and reconcile report totals to control sheets and bank filing reports.
- Review pay runs for variances and making required corrections.
- Pension transactions posting.
- Review daily cash PMBS posting ensuring compliance with established legislation, policies and procedures.
- Record/peer review receipt pension contributions from RRSP transfers, reciprocal transfers, invoice payments, and member personal payments. Prepare the required workflows to transfer information to Pension Services.
- Process Service Out Cancellations (reversals for issued cheques).
- Process bank transactions i.e. handling of t-errors, processing stop or delete payment, etc.
- Process direct deposit reject banking reports by creating workflows to Pension Services for external client communication to verify banking information or date of death.
- Match/peer review termination and transfer-out payments to the related tax slips, letters, and financial institution documentation.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Monitor CPA, CRA and other regulatory bodies to identify issues.
- Bring forward potential problems affecting work priorities.
- Assist with training of team members.
- Respond to internal and external audit inquires.
- Participate in cross-training activities to provide back-up support.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with staff and outside parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree with 3 years’ experience in accounting and finance-related field.
- Canadian personal/corporate tax experience
- Experience working in a pension or benefit environment.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA/CA/CGA/CMA).
- Payroll designation (PCP or CPM).
Compensation and Benefits
- A comprehensive package will be provided
Please quote Job Reference # 64102
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here