Senior Property Accountant
Current as of: October 5th, 2017
Id : 63224
Category : Accounting-Permanent
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Jessica Kopitar
Permanent Senior Property Accountant opportunity!
Our client is looking for a Senior Property Accountant with Commercial Real Estate experience to join their growing team! This position will provide support to the Commercial Accounting team in the preparation of financial and management reports, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Assist the Operations Group in preparation of the annual budget.
- Maintain the property management books for the assigned senior commercial portfolios.
- Review A/R and A/P transaction reports ensuring accuracy.
- Review preliminary monthly statements and generate financial statements to complete the monthly reporting package.
- Complete the analysis of all capital costs incurred.
- Maintain year end working paper files including the preparation of CAM and Realty Tax adjustments.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, A/R adjustments and submit the monthly tax reconciliations.
- Experience in understanding, complying, and remitting all government payroll, sales (GST/HST), and corporate taxes and other government forms
- Full understanding and ability to interpret tenant leases, amendments, renewals, assignments and how to enter into software.
- Review and approve cheques, management fees, leasing fees and chargeback invoices to tenants.
- Prepare annual CAM (Common Area Maintenance) & Realty tax adjustments.
- Support the property manager in answering tenant queries.
- Determine reduce rent calculations, move-outs, tenant security deposit adjustments, and bad debt write-offs.
- Review rent rolls.
- Respond to client queries
- Provide support to Divisional Controller as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A University degree or college diploma, preferably in Accounting.
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) is an asset.
- Real estate property accounting experience is mandatory.
- Experience with Yardi is an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- The ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package will be offered
- Salary varies depending on candidate education and experience
Please quote Job Reference #63224
Please submit your resume directly to Jessica Kopitar via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here