Senior Tunnel & Portal Engineer
Current as of: August 22nd, 2017
Id : 62976
Category : Engineering
Location/City : BC – Fort St. John
Region : BC – Fort St. John
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Kevin Pedersen
Please submit your resume directly to Kevin Pedersen via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Tunnel & Portal Engineer
- Preparation of construction work plans and look-ahead schedules for Tunnel and Portal construction
- Daily responsibility to ensure safety, quality, and environmental standards are being followed and maintained through each phase of tunnel construction.
- Communicate with field supervision and have strong field presence to become included in all tunnel related activities.
- Establish a thorough knowledge of plans and specifications, work schedules, production targets and procedures pertaining to changes, extra work, and claims and costing.
- Assist Superintendents in the interpretation of plans and specifications.
- Field contract administration of subcontracts including confirmation of payment quantities.
- Completion of quantity take-offs and purchase requisitions.
- Maintain a daily diary covering all phases of the project pertaining to progress, delays, lost time, daily field changes, conditions or situations encountered which may affect the performance of present or future work.
- Conducting time studies of production by crews and equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating field surveys and layouts.
- Such other specific duties and responsibilities relating to the project as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of CAD, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of the tunnel instrumentation, installation, reading and interpretation of the results
- Ability to work in longer hours and at night if required
Please submit your resume directly to Kevin Pedersen via email email@example.com or call Kevin directly at 403 718 5077.
Please quote Job Reference # 62976
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca
Apply Online Here