Supply Chain Manager
Current as of: November 7th, 2018
Id : 64459
Category : Supply Chain Management
Location/City : AB – Edmonton
Region : EDMONTON
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Emily Chater
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Emily Chater at email@example.com
Are you a Supply Chain Manager with 10+ years’ experience in purchasing? Do you have strong fabrication or distribution industry experience? Do you possess excellent negotiation skills? Then this may be the position for you, so read on!
The Supply Chain Manager will effectively manage a team of Purchasing agents and buyers across Canada. In addition, the Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for a budget and purchasing activities, including: inventory and non-inventory items. The Supply Chain Manager will create, develop, and implement a purchase policy and strategic plan that includes the identification of opportunities for operational improvements.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Develop and implement the Supply Chain strategy, including: systems of control, policies and procedures relating to Supply Chain. Participate and implement strategies to deliver financial goals for the organization
- Communicating with Branch Managers and Sales Management on inventory levels to meet same-day – next day strategy and other inventory/service level metrics.
- Manage day-today activities of the Supply Chain team.
- Coordinate assign and review tasks and duties of all staff.
- Ensure that employees have the tools and resources required to complete their tasks and duties.
- Establish standards for effective job performance and evaluate subordinate staff according to such standards.
- Train employees in job duties, procedures and company policies. Identify and approve training programs for employees to complete.
- Ensure employees are implementing corporate procedures and standards to achieve corporate objectives.
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of the purchasing function.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to the purchasing function for upper management.
- Understand customer service expectations and how they translate into an inventory strategy that achieves on time fill rate requirements.
- Identify and drive opportunities for optimizing inventory to effectively manage surplus and obsolete stock.
- Reviewing existing contracts and identifying opportunities for improved value for money.
- Reviewing service areas and potential supplier rationalization.
- Monitor trends in supplier and contract base and propose/implement plans to respond to such trends.
- Set Supply Chain savings targets each year in conjunction with Finance and monitor delivery against targets.
- Establish product margins, inventory turnover criteria, and minimize inventory-carrying costs.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- The Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) designation from PMAC (Purchasing Management Association of Canada) is required.
- 10+ years of progressive Purchasing experience acquired in a high paced fabrication or distribution environment is required.
- 2+ years’ experience in inventory management is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing and contracting techniques and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and finance management.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Must be able to travel across Canada and to the United States – 10%
Please quote Job Reference # 64459
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Emily Chater firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca