Technical Sales Representative
Current as of: June 18th, 2018
Id : 63393
Category : Sales and Marketing
Location/City : Edmonton
Region : Edmonton Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : David Gorn
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to David Gorn via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call David at 780-702-5132.
Come PUMP up your PUMP sales career!
A Canadian leader in pumps and process equipment continues to expand its influence in Alberta. This growth strategy now includes a stronger focus on Aftermarket which has created another fantastic opportunity for a Pump Sales Professional based in Edmonton. With an existing client base in a broad range of industries including; Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Food Processing, Mining and Municipal, there is still tremendous growth potential in both Aftermarket and Capital Equipment. As the TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE you will be able to focus on the full cycle of your clients’ needs for service, repair, parts, and replacement for the Aftermarket side and new equipment/ packaging, including projects, for their Capital Equipment needs. You will have a great time working for a supportive manager, at a progressive company, with one of the best product lines available in the market. You will be treated as the dynamic, self motivated PUMP SALES professional that your experience and track record warrants.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Build, manage and enhance relationships with customers in Edmonton and Northeastern Alberta.
- Identify, qualify and secure sales opportunities for represented products, including the appropriate packaged systems.
- Sell full lifecycle; from new pump and air equipment and packages to a full offering of aftermarket support including repair, parts, service and replacement.
- Develop, nurture and maintain close working relationships with the decision-makers including consultants, OEMs, end users, operator/maintenance and contractors.
- Influence and assist in ensuring field installations are properly operated and maintained for the life of the equipment.
- Coordinate factory representatives and Product Specialists/Managers to help meet customer’s needs for technical support.
- Develop and implementation of sales strategies and sales forecasts
- Meet and exceed the client service expectations
- Be the educational lead for clients including ‘lunch and learns’, trade shows, providing supporting technical information and service facility tours.
- Support inside sales on product selection/application and quotes preparation.
- Assume leadership role for customer projects within the sales team.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of proven results-oriented sales experience with; upstream and downstream hydrocarbon, mining, power generation, water and industrial markets.
- Post-secondary degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or relevant PUMP industry experience.
- Evolved technical knowledge pumps, pumping systems, filtration systems, or related fluid handling equipment/systems and air compression and blower equipment and packages.
- Excellent mechanical background that includes an understanding of pump and air failure models and corresponding repair techniques.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and influence buying decisions.
- A well-developed client network in the oil and gas industry from upstream through downstream including OEMs and end users.
- Effective communication and presentation skills to/with multiple stake holders from the shop floor to the executives.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Effective written and oral communication skills Strong listening and clarification skills.
- Strong business, strategic planning, account and territory sales management skills with travel of up to 35%.
- Well developed negotiation skills.
- Analytical skills to break down complex issues and solve problems.
- Honest and trustworthy with the drive to succeed with a positive attitude!
Compensation and Benefits
- A base salary of $70,000 – $90,000 per year or more depending on experience.
- An uncapped bonus that should be an additional $20k-$70k per year or more.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefit package with RSP matching.
- Generous vehicle allowance and expenses.
Please quote Job Reference #63393
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to David Gorn via email at email@example.com or call David at 780-702-5132
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.caApply Online Here