Current as of: February 1st, 2019
Id : 64757
Category : Operations Management
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Andrea Stepansky
Please submit your resume directly to Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a leader in the midstream energy sector is currently seeking an Operations Auditor to join their team in Calgary, AB or Houston, TX. The incumbent will be responsible for planning, coordinating and conducting operational audits which include safety & reliability audits and audits of regional operations. This will require the carrying out of independent, objective risk-based audits, providing analyses and value-added recommendations for the company consistent with IIA standards and provide coaching to junior staff auditors.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Perform risk and control assessments of areas under audit consideration. Provide recommendations for problem resolution.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute audit programs and procedures to effectively address risks, controls, and governance issues identified.
- Evaluate internal controls and/or audit procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement on the operational processes and business cycles audited.
- Obtain, analyze, and appraise evidential data as a basis for creating an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the processes being reviewed.
- Prepare audit reports and communicate results to the appropriate parties, which may include executive and senior management.
- Follow up on remediation of the findings with the client’s management and ensure all outstanding audit issues are closed effectively and timely.
- Coordinate with external auditors & appropriate levels of management regarding the evaluation of the effectiveness of processes and controls across Enbridge.
- Lead audit engagements as Auditor-In-Charge including leading team members assigned, creation/coordination and execution of the engagement work-plan, and leading discussions with key business stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and training to junior internal control team members, process owners and business unit colleagues on designing, documenting, and assessing internal controls, as well as identifying, evaluating and remediating deficiencies.
- Liaise with Internal Audit staff throughout the organization.
- Assist in research and analysis of technical and best-practice standards.
- Perform special project work as requested.
- Promote Internal Audit as trusted Business Advisor through developing and maintaining key contact relationships with business operations and other governance groups.
- Working knowledge of data analytic techniques.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University degree.
- Completion or near completion of a professional designation is an asset.
- A minimum of four (4) years of audit experience – operational audit experience desirable but not a requirement.
- Understanding of internal controls, audit methodology, audit procedures, audit sampling techniques.
- Knowledge of IIA auditing standards is desirable.
- Energy industry experience is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including a proficiency in report writing.
- Good interpersonal skills – the ability to develop trust, interact, and deal with difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to facilitate, negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service skills.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered, where appropriate.
Apply Online Here
Please quote Job Reference #64757
Please submit your resume directly to Andrea Stepansky at email@example.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca