Current as of: May 29th, 2018
Id : 63952
Category : Accounting-Permanent
Location/City : AB – Calgary
Region : Calgary Area
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Jessica Kopitar
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Jessica Kopitar at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our client in SE Calgary is looking for a Finance Manager with experience in project accounting to join a large and growing team!
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Prepare and present monthly financial performance report including management discussion comments, Variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly reforecast and annual plan and take part in reviews at various levels.
- Prepare or review accounting period-end entries including but not limited to cost and revenue accruals, allocations.
- Responsible for accounting activities for the project including job cost data capture and billings.
- Prepare / purpose accounting positions to ensure that accounting reflects business performance.
- Maintain an early warning procedure to predict future financial performance and support operations on development of recovery plans as required.
- Ensure compliance to US GAAP, Sox, policies, processes and controls for all accounting activities.
- Ensure customer billings are completed in a timely / accurate manner and manage unbilled revenue.
- Provide leadership to the direct reports and day-to-day guidance to the team for problem solving.
- Manage the task distribution among team to achieve acceptable performance standards.
- Champion continuous improvement using analytical skills and experience to identify problem areas and provide solutions or improvements.
- Develop, maintain and document the task performance processes as required.
- Participate in collaborative cross-functional meetings and provide accounting insights / perspective in order to promote team and work efficiencies.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a university degree in Accounting or Business.
- CPA or Equivalent (Candidates pursuing designation or Foreign designation may be considered).
- Minimum of 5 years directly related experience required with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Experienced performer with an ability to work under pressure and “think on its feet”.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships at various levels within the organization.
- Resilient ‘can-do’ approach to work is crucial to be successful in this role.
- Analytical, self-motivated problem solver with ability to “think outside the box”.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply the knowledge to job at hand.
- Comprehensive understanding of Construction / Project Accounting is required.
- Ability to understand project profitability drivers and use of KPI’s to manage / improve performance.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS, BPC and Microsoft products is required.
- Experience with large data, complex workbooks and ability to decipher trends quickly.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation and Benefits will vary depending on experience.
Please quote Job Reference #63952
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Jessica Kopitar at Jessica.email@example.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca